Making a difference - Saving water
Throughout this lesson series, students will consider and share the implications of how wasting water will affect them and their community. Students will investigate ways that they can make a difference to the water usage and wastage in the school. Students will create and undertake an action plan in either a class poster or presentation to the rest of the school to encourage others to save water.
ACSHE034 ACSHE035 ACSIS037 ACSIS042 ACSSU032 ACTDEP006 ACTDEP008 ACTDEP009 ACMMG042 ACTDEK001 ACTDIK001 ACTDIK002 ACTDIP003 ACTDIP006
- Investigate ways that students could make a difference in the school community.
- Create and undertake an action plan to encourage others to save water.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Identify ways to make a difference to the water wastage at school.
- Construct and undertake an action plan to encourage others to save water.
Example Learning Sequence
- Discuss possible ways that students could help to make a difference towards water conservation in the school community.
- Construct an action plan for encouraging others to save water in the school community.
- Review the effectiveness of their action plan.