Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to the environmental effects of too much water and not enough. Students will look at floods and droughts through the use of picture books. Students will describe how floods and drought can affect plants and animals including humans.
ACSHE034 ACSHE035 ACSIS037 ACSIS038 ACSIS039 ACSIS041 ACSIS042 ACSSU032 ACTDEK002 ACTDEK004 ACTDEP005 ACTDEP006 ACTDEP007 ACTDEP008 ACTDEP009 ACMMG037 ACMMG038 ACSIS040 ACTDEK001 ACTDIK001 ACTDIP003
- Investigate how having too much water in an environment can cause problems for the land, plants, animals and humans in this place.
- Discuss what causes floods and how they can be managed and prevented.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Identify that having too much water is an environmental problem.
- Discuss how floods can be managed and prevented.
Example Learning Sequence
- Read about and view pictures and videos of flood affected areas and identify problems for the land, plants, animals and humans in these places.
- Investigate how floods can me managed and prevented.