Throughout this lesson series students will be introduced to the environmental effects of too much water and not enough. Students will look at floods and droughts through the use of picture books. Students will describe how floods and drought can affect plants and animals including humans.
ACSHE034 ACSHE035 ACSIS042 ACSSU032 ACTDEP005 ACMMG040 ACTDIK001
- Investigate how having not enough water in an environment can cause problems for the land, plants, animals and humans in this place.
- Discuss what causes droughts and how they can be managed and prevented.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Identify that having too little water is an environmental problem.
- Discuss how floods can be managed and prevented.
Example Learning Sequence
- Read about and view pictures and videos of drought affected areas and identify problems for the land, plants, animals and humans in these places.
- Investigate how droughts can be managed and prevented.