Animal and plant adaptations for too little or too much water
Throughout this lesson series, using the Unit Resources PowerPoint and various media, students will learn about various animals and plants that have adapted to life with too little or too much water. With assistance students will Research an animal or plant of their choice one living in an environment with limited water availability vs one living in an environment with high water availability.
ACSHE034 ACSHE035 ACSIS038 ACSIS039 ACSIS041 ACSIS042 ACSSU032 ACTDEP005 ACTDEP009 ACMMG044 ACSIS040 ACTDEK001 ACTDIK002 ACTDIP003
- Complete an activity where they sort statements about water.
- Investigate where water is used within the school and record water points on a map of the school.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Correctly sort the statements about water.
- Locate water sources in the school and record them on a map.
Example Learning Sequence
- Show students statements about water which they need to sort (why water is special, uses of water, where water comes from and goes, how to save water).
- Give students a map of the school and tell them that they are going to be taking a field walk around the school to identify sources of water. Students will mark on their maps where water can be obtained and also mark any taps or toilets which are leaking and wasting water.