Solar panel construction
Throughout this lesson series, students will investigate materials that are used to make a solar panel. They will identify properties of the materials used and relate those materials to their purpose in the construction of the panel. Students will use their understanding of materials for purpose to examine some everyday materials for their potential use in constructing a solar panel.
ACSHE061 ACSHE062 ACSIS064 ACSIS068 ACSIS216 ACSSU074 ACTDEK013
- Investigate what materials are used to make a solar panel.
- Identify the material components of a solar panel.
- Identify the properties of the various components of a solar panel.
- Relate the properties of the various components to their purpose.
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Correctly label a diagram identifying the major components of a solar panel.
- Relate the materials used in solar panel to their purpose.
Example Learning Sequence
- Introduce parts of a solar panel and define terms.
- Provide a sample solar panel if available and identify parts.
- Label a diagram representing a solar panel with its component parts.