Examples of energy types
Throughout this lesson series students will be exploring different types of energy and how energy is transferred and transformed. A variety of resources will be used including videos, demonstrations and student investigations. The Rube Goldberg machine will be used to identify energy transfers and transformations.
- Explore different types of energy.
- Recognise that all energy can be classified as either potential (stored) or kinetic (moving).
Evidence of Learning
Can the student:
- Classify different types of energy as either potential or kinetic.
Example Learning Sequence
- Identify different energy types in machines.
- Define energy as stored or moving.
- Classify examples as either potential or kinetic.